Head Chef £50k Vegetarian Vegan Restaurant
Head Chef £50k OTE - Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurant
My client is looking for an energetic, driven, passionate and patient Head Chef to bring your own unique and inspiring ideas to this already iconic Vegetarian restaurant in Brighton. The food is a game changer and the restaurant takes its cooking seriously, both in the kitchen and out.
Your £50,000 OTE financial package will reflect the importance of your role in our organisation and will consist of a highly competitive Basic Salary and TRONC, plus performance bonuses related to the achievement of agreed targets. 6 shifts (40hrs) per week.
• 28 days paid holiday.
• Company pension scheme.
• 40% off when you dine with us – for you and up to 5 of your friends.
• Uniform and professional cleaning provided.
• Kitchen rotas 2 weeks in advance to ensure a healthy work-life balance for the whole team.
• Research meetings at aspirational restaurants with Amanda Powley and Phil Taylor.
• Supplier trips – we encourage you to meet our suppliers and really understand where our ingredients come from.
• Opportunities to get involved with high profile outside events.
As Head Chef, you will represent everything that is the business. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will report directly to the owners. You will work closely with them on the development of the food for the restaurant and the numerous other brand opportunities that they explore.
• Be passionate about cooking and have a desire to continuously develop your knowledge and culinary skills further.
• Have the proven ability to lead, train and inspire your team about consistently great food.
• Strive constantly for excellence and consistency.
• Thrive in a pressurised kitchen environment.
• Be solutions driven.
• Conscientious, reliable and have an excellent work ethic.
• Understand the vital role you play in the running of a profitable business.
• Communicate in the right way at all levels.
• Know and understand the current Food Safety and Health & Safety procedures.
• Be computer literate with excellent understanding of Microsoft packages.
This restaurant has enormous potential for expansion as a restaurant and as a brand. You will provide vital input into the direction of the business and its continuous improvement. To achieve this, you will already be an experienced Head Chef in a high-volume, high-quality restaurant (or an exceptional Sous Chef ready for your next challenge).
• Attend and actively contribute to regular senior management meetings
• Demonstrate excellent food creativity and development skills
• Have the confidence to recruit, interview and manage a large brigade of chefs
• Deliver and improve training schedules, appraisals, mentoring and monitoring.
• Responsible for taking the team along on the journey with you – they are very much your team.
• Be capable and confident in the running of a very busy kitchen
• Have experience working all sections, including pastry
• Oversee the preparation of food and provide service of the highest standards possible.
• Design staff rotas within agreed wage budgets.
• Communicate and nurture relationships with suppliers, ordering and negotiating best prices and monitoring ongoing price changes.
• Provide menu and kitchen costings.
• Control and manage stock.
• To be responsible with your team for keeping a clean, tidy, and hygienic workspace.