Hot Food Counter Server
Food Service Assistant
Hot Food Counter Server – daytime hours - alternate weekends off – £22,500 -
This beautiful garden centre has a popular restaurant with a lovely terrace and small huts in the gardens offering private dining for up to 6 guests in each one.
They offer a varied menu including British classics through to more adventurous Mediterranean dishes. This is a high-volume site where you will be dealing with customers and plating orders from the hot food counter from breakfast through to lunch service.
- Sociable working hours 8.00am to 5pm
- Alternate weekends off
- Excellent training
- Free on-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Generous staff discounts of up to 25% off products in store
• Dealing with a high volume of customer orders.
• Maintain organisation within a busy environment.
• Plating customer orders from the hot food counter from breakfast service through to lunch service.
• Presenting the plated customer orders to a high standard.
• Communicating with the chefs and servers to ensure every table is complete and sent at the same time.
• Ensure there is a sufficient level of food ready in the hot food counter.
• Ensure there is a good stock rotation on the food kept in the hot food counter.
• Maintain a high standard of portion control.
• Teach and instruct other members of the team.
• Temperature taking and recording.
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness.
• Adhere to food safety policies and health and safety policies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience in a similar busy catering environment with a high volume of customer orders is ideal, but more importantly is a willingness to learn.
• Awareness of COSHH regulations, chemical safety, and HACCP standards.
• Experience of food safety and hygiene laws, health and safety and allergen regulations.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Flexible, positive, and adaptable team player.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Keenness to learn and develop your skills.