Sous Chef - Banqueting £38kpa
Sous Chef within Banqueting £38,000pa
• Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
• 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service).
• We operate a discretionary service charge system.
• 50% Discount on food and beverage across all our sites.
• Really big discounts of room nights across all our sites.
• PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
• Meals on duty provided for free.
• Recognition and rewards scheme.
• Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
• Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
• B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
• Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Ensure smooth running of the kitchen operation at all times.
• Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control.
• Assist the Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
• Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times.
• To run the kitchen in the absence of the Head chef.
• Ordering of stock as necessary in conjunction with the Head Chef.
• Help to ensure all financial aspects of the kitchen management are adhered to, in particular carry out all costings within the budget levels, management of food flash, processing of invoices and upkeep of revenue figures.
• Maintain the highest levels of food hygiene, health & safety at all times.
• Assist in recruitment, retention, training and development of staff, working with Head chef and HR department.
• Carry out any reasonable request by the Exec /Head chef or general manager.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and be responsible for assisting in the management of the food and kitchen operations. The role is varied, not only with you be looking after the Banqueting side of the business, but also elements of bar food, afternoon tea and evening meals for our live in team members. This is a challenging but rewarding role– you will be expected to help manage the team in producing top quality cuisine & assist in the training of talented chefs. You will take charge in the absence of the Head Chef & undertake any specific function of Kitchen management.