General Manager - daytime hours - POSITION FILLED
This beautiful garden centre has a popular restaurant with a lovely terrace and small huts in the gardens offering private dining for up to 6 guests in each one.
They offer a varied menu including British classics through to more adventurous Mediterranean dishes. They open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and a comprehensive drink offering. This is a high-volume site where you will be responsible for the smooth running of all front of house operations.
- Generous salary
- Sociable working hours 08:00 to 17:30
- Free on-site parking
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Generous staff discounts of up to 25% off products in store
• Overseeing the day to day running of a large, extremely busy restaurant & smaller bistro.
• Maintain organisation within a busy environment catering for up to 300 covers.
• Communicating with the kitchen to ensure a smooth service.
• Staff training and development will be an essential part of the role.
• 25-30 staff on a service, 75 members of the team working various shift patterns.
• Give direction and have strong leadership skills.
• Keeping morale high during a busy service.
• Maintain consistency of product throughout.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience in a similar busy catering environment with a high volume of customers.
• Awareness of COSHH regulations, chemical safety, and HACCP standards.
• Experience of food safety and hygiene laws, health and safety and allergen regulations.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Flexible, positive, and adaptable team player.
• High level of attention to detail.